On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 8:27 AM, DEP/Dodo <depfah...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Has anyone heard of this?  Your thoughts?

I shouldn't jump in here and comment.  But I guess I will.

If you send me an email, and I receive it and print it, does Dmail cause my
printed copy to burst into flames?  Seriously?  Can you see some of the
flaws in their system?

The way I read it, it works like this.  You send me a message.  But instead
of being delivered to my inbox, it is delivered to Dmail, and stored at
Dmail.  Not at Gmail.  Then when I want to see your message, my computer
must temporarily retrieve it from Dmail.

Reading your message requires me to do something different.

I must either install Dmail on MY computer, or I need to connect to Dmail
to see the message I supposedly received.  And I, for one, am probably not
going to do that.  If I want to read the message again, I must connect to
Dmail again.  If I search through my Gmail messages, it won't find the ones
that are on Dmail.

Sending a message that way is bound to alienate people, and cause them to
never see the messages you've sent them.

Bottom line:  I would stay well away from this.

Andy