​Hi Diane​

On Tue, Aug 4, 2015 at 3:41 AM, DEP/Dodo <depfah...@gmail.com> wrote:

> ​As you can see, Marko, and per your directions on July 31 (which I
> already knew how to do), I have selected the below text and hit Reply.
> Would you respond above it, as I am here, or after the quoted matter by
> hitting Enter once or twice?  Also, let's say I want to reply to each of
> your two sentences individually.  Would I just input my text after each
> sentence?  When I have done that within an e-mail, I usually put my comment
> in bold to further differentiate it from what I am responding to.
> Alternatively, what about hitting Enter (once or twice depending upon if I
> want a separation) after each sentence and then replying?​  I have done
> that as well in Gmail.

​If you respond above, that is 'top-posting' which Andy covered earlier.
Your replies seemed to be 'tacked on' as I think also Andy said, so yes, do
hit Enter to break the quotes as I have done here. No need for bold.​

> The problem I experienced with the vertical lines occurred within the
> group's web page.
>
> I hope the foregoing is clear.  What would you do if you wanted to respond
> to several sections of this post, and would it be different for Gmail v.
> the web page?

​I have used the Groups page perhaps once or twice ever, don't see the
point when I can simply compose directly to the group from email (Gmail).

I will take a look at it.

> On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 5:30 PM, DEP/Dodo <depfah...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The easiest way to do this is to select the text that you wish to quote,
>> in Gmail, and then hit the reply button. The reply will be generated with
>> only the quoted text and then you can intersperse your replies within that.
>> ​​ ​
>

> ​(Just above on the Gmail composing page is your quote immediately
> underneath my ID, making it appear that I wrote the quoted section when you
> actually did.)​

​It​ appears you may have deleted some lines. You will see that the text
written by me is one quote level lower than the text with the date and your
address.

​Ciao​

--
Marko