​Hi Diane​

On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 7:39 AM, DEP/Dodo <depfah...@gmail.com> wrote:

> ​I will now belatedly answer my own question in one word:  Duh!  It's
> among my bookmarks on my computer, and I use a couple.​
>
> ​ Since I have an Android, I presume it also has Google apps available,
> but what about Samsung or Cricket apps?  Can you tell I have no idea what
> I'm talking about?

​All apps from all developers are installed from the Play Store. Your phone
may have some Samsung apps built in which you may or may not be able to
remove, but you should at least be able to disable.
You can even browse the Play Store on your computer and install apps to
your phone that way (provided your phone has an active Internet
connection)​.
​See https://play.google.com/store/apps​

--
Marko