On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 12:50 AM, Dodo aka Diane) <depfah...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi, Gmail Users--
>
> First, I know there is no "auto-response" *per se* in Gmail except for
> the vacation responder.  I have searched Help and the Help Forum for what I
> want to do and applied the suggestions I learned, but it hasn't worked
> yet.  I want to send one sender an automatic message that essentially says
> to go away.
> ​...

​This is not an answer to your question directly ... but I would advise not
taking that approach.  If someone is bothering you and won't stop, even a
canned response from you might encourage this person to keep e-mailing
you.  I think it would be better to ignore the emails.  Use a Filter to
delete them as they arrive.

If you have notified the person of your wishes but the emails haven't
stopped, also consider the possibility of taking legal action.​

By the way, long ago I created a canned response and tested it, and it
worked then.  Have not tested it since ... perhaps I should.

Andy