On Thu, Feb 21, 2019 at 10:15 AM Cecil Westerhof <cldwester...@gmail.com>
wrote:

When I receive a text based email, I would like it to be displayed with a
> mono-spaced font. But I cannot find a way to do that. Am I overlooking
> something, or is that not possible?

I think it's not possible anymore.

If I remember right, Gmail had that option, but it went away a long time
ago.

It MIGHT be possible to see a plain text version if you select "Show
Original" (it's in the menu after you click on the 3 vertical dots in the
upper right corner of the message).  Scroll down past all the email
headers, and hunt around in there.  There might be a section with plain
text, and in my view at least, Show Original uses a monospaced font.  But
many email messages these days don't have a section with plain text.  Most
of it is HTML or otherwise encoded.  And even if there is a section with
plain text, it might not be the whole message.

I guess the other option is to copy-and-paste into your favorite word
processor or text editing program (Wordpad, Notepad, Notepad++, etc.).

Andy