On Tue, 6 Mar 2018, Marco Bodrato wrote:

Which solutions do you suggest? I see 3 possible ways:
- removing the non "fully compatible" functions;
- adding them to the "with a few exceptions:" section;
- correct the behaviour of the functions...

As discussed for instance last October, the generic, non-IEEE version of mpn_get_d has a similar issue. Maybe they could both be fixed at the same time with the same code?

Obviously this assumes that someone can find time to do it... Otherwise, I guess that option 2 could do, until a volunteer appears.

--
Marc Glisse