t...@gmplib.org (Torbjörn Granlund) writes:

> Conclusion: The HGCD2_METHOD 2 code in its current form is not useful on
> any of our platforms.  (Perhaps we should wait a few days more as not
> all hosts have reported results yet.)

Sounds good. Give it a few days, and delete if it still looks slow
everywhere.

> What about hgcd2_jacobi?  Same, same, but different, I presume.

That should use the same choices for div1 and div2. Is it important to
inline some or all of the div1/div2 code? If we move them out to
separate .c files, it gets easier to share between hgcd2 and
hgcd2_jacobi, and easier to experiment with assembly div1. But it gets a
bit more complex to set things up for tuneup.

Regards,
/Niels

--
Niels Möller. PGP-encrypted email is preferred. Keyid 368C6677.