xiao shijun wrote:

  Thanks for Mark's fast reply, and It really works.
Then, I have another qusetion about the manual: It seems that the exclusion just excludes the nonbond potential of LJ interaction, but Buckingham. If we want to turn off all VDW interaction between some atoms, the energy monitor group is a nice choice. I have no idea if I got it right. And, we can't use LJ and Buckingham in a same system. Unfortunately, I met a force-field that most of the nonbond interactions were described by Buckingham, but LJ only for Ow-Ow among water. I chose nbfunct=2 in [defaults] section,and nbfunct=1 in [nonbond_params] for Ow-Ow. As a result, a error message read: *Trying to add LJ (SR) while the default nonbond type is Buck.ham (SR). *I don't know whether it could be settled in gromacs.

AFAIK, you could only do this with tabulated functions. You can supply a normal Buckingham table (generated with mdrun -debug?) with vdwtype = User, and water-water tables separately with energygrp_table. This will be slower than any native implementation, but still decent.

See manual section 6.7 and 7.3.12. I'd strongly suggest starting with peptide-in-water test case that was mixing different degrees of LJ parameters so that you're confident of your use of the table and energygrp_table mechanisms, before trying to mix Buckingham and LJ in the way you're describing.

Mark
_______________________________________________
gmx-users mailing list    [email protected]
http://lists.gromacs.org/mailman/listinfo/gmx-users
Please search the archive at http://www.gromacs.org/search before posting!
Please don't post (un)subscribe requests to the list. Use the www interface or send it to [email protected].
Can't post? Read http://www.gromacs.org/mailing_lists/users.php

Reply via email to