Do you have the right number of atoms indicated on the second line of the .gro file? What is in your [molecules] directive in your topology?

-Justin

Marysa van den Berg wrote:
Hi,
I have a problem with Gromacs. I want to do MD simulations with my proteïn in a DPPC-membrane. Therefore I followed Justin Lemkul's tutorial on membrane proteïn simulation. I just used a bigger membrane (256 lipids instead of 128). I managed to correctly embed the proteïn in the bilayer, I solvated it with genbox and then I want to add ions. But when I use grompp to get a .tpr
file for genion, Gromacs fives the following error:
/Program grompp, VERSION 4.0.7
Source code file: ../../gromacs-4.0.7/src/kernel/grompp.c, line: 320/
/Fatal error:
No molecules were defined in the system
/
I did update my topology in the [ molecules ] section and checked it twice to see if it fits with the .gro file. It is correct, so I don't know what the problem is. Before the solvation there was no problem with grompp, so it must have something to do with the solvation? I hope someone
can help me.
Thanks, Marysa van den Berg

Minder SPAM in de verbeterde Windows Live Hotmail <http://mail.live.com>

MILES-IGERT Trainee