Vishal Agarwal wrote:
Dear Justin,

I am trying to set up calculations for a cellulose structure. The allomorph of cellulose which I want to study has a monoclinic structure. I have a .cif file of the XRD structure. I think the better question to ask is how can I make input files using that.

That is a far more complex question. There are numerous posts in the list archive regarding preparing input for polymeric systems, so please do search the list archive. I helped one user set up a polyethylene system some time ago, so that may help out. You'll have to familiarize yourself with .rtp entry construction, specbond.dat (maybe), and the ins and outs of pdb2gmx to get it to work though. There are lots of resources in the manual and on the Gromacs wiki pages to get you started.

-Justin

thanks
vishal