The way you define things would work fine but if
your dimer is an homodimer only one topology is
needed. topol_A and topolo_B should be identical.

The part of the mdp file is fine.

On Aug 16, 2010, at 7:13 AM, onetwo wrote:

Hello Sir,

I am simulating a protein which is a homodimer, when I did pdb2gmx, it generated a topolgy file in which there were two chain topologies for each chain as :

; Include chain topologies
#include "topol_A.itp"
#include "topol_B.itp"

and in Compound section gave ;

Compound #mols
Protein_A 1
Protein_B 1

I want to ask that if it will consider the system as one or two different proteins.

Also in production MD phase, in md.mdp file I mentioned

Berendsen temperature coupling is on in two groups
Tcoupl = V-rescale
tc-grps = Protein Non-Protein
tau_t = 0.1 0.1
ref_t = 300 300

I have this doubt that as I have given tc-grps as Protein and Non- Protein, so if "Protein" will consider both the chains of the protein or not.

Thanks in advance
Regards