I think that there is some problem with the users list search on the gromacs page: http://www.gromacs.org/Support/Mailing_Lists/Search

A gromacs users list search for "molecule" returns zero results.
A search for "gromacs" does return lots of results.
A google search for "gromacs" and "molecule" returns lots of results from the gromacs mailing list.

I stated with my searching:

  molecule out of the box

and finding no hits, and I tracked the zero hits back to "molecule" alone.

It's not simply a word length problem since a search for "messaging" seems to work ok. Also, a search for the plural "molecules" returns loads of results.

I have also confirmed that there is at least one post where the word "molecule" appears in the singular form: http://oldwww.gromacs.org/pipermail/gmx-users/2010-January/048299.html although one would want a search engine to match "molecule" to "molecules" without the need for "molecule*" (which also returns no results).

Hopefully I'm doing something bonehead when searching, but to be honest I think the year-old search engine was far superior to the one that is on the site now, with the current search engine often returning too many unrelated posts.

Chris.