Emily Curtis wrote:
Hi Justin,

Thank you for your help. I will edit the topology file. I am running GROMACS 4.0.7. I can download the latest version. The command line I

There's your problem.  The -surf option only appears as of version 4.5.

was using was:

g_rdf -n index -rdf res_com -s full -surf  -o rdf08SEPT10.xvg

As an aside (which you will surely discover by reading g_rdf -h), the -surf
option requires a string after it; it is not a simple boolean.

-Justin

Emily