On 25/12/2010 1:12 PM, Qin Qiao wrote:
Thanks a lot!

It says Nose-hoover coupling generates the correct canonical ensemble, and that's the reason why I used it. I wonder whether v-rescale can also get the correct ensemble. Could you tell me?

I'm quite curious how to choose the frequency of the T-coupling in REMD. Though it seems the higher the frequency, the more accurate T will be, I wonder whether it will get artifacts for in MD run.. since the warning in Gromacs says tau_t should be 20 times bigger than dt*nsttcouple..

Consider what you mean by "accurate T". You actually wish to sample from a given "constant" temperature ensemble. However that ensemble does not show its average T at every instant - the conserved quantity is not actually temperature. What you want is the right average T and the right fluctuations. Probably you want to read the literature for the T-coupling algorithms to learn more about the details here... Probably I should also too :-)

Mark

Best,

Qin