On Feb 10, 2011, at 3:08 PM, jk...@ifr88.cnrs-mrs.fr wrote:

Hi,

I'm running an Umbrella Sampling analysis, with 1A steps in the reaction coordinate (distance) to estimate a PMF. However, owing to (high?) energetic barriers between my two proteins, some coordinates are not sampled. I intend to run simulations with stronger force constants to prevent my protein from fleeing to the nearest energetic minima.

So my question is : does using different force constants to restrain the distance between my two proteins influences the PMF estimated by g_wham ?
No it does not assuming each window is equilibrated.

From what I understood, it doesn't seems so, as long as the distributions are well overlapped. But since I intend to invest a considerable amount of CPU time, a confirmation would be really apreciated !

Thanks,

Jonathan.