On 7/5/12 5:05 PM, jonas87 wrote:
I'm following the tutorial exactly. Even have my files named the same way.
The contents of my minil.mdp (pcb is changed from no to xyz right before
running the energy minimazation of the solvated system):

title           = Energy Minimization   ; Title of run
cpp             = /lib/cpp      ; Preprocessor
define          = -DFLEXIBLE
integrator      = steep         ; Algorithm (steep = steepest descent
minimization)
emtol           = 1.0           ; Stop minimization when the maximum force <
1.0 kJ/mol
nsteps          = 500           ; Maximum number of (minimization) steps to
perform
nstenergy       = 1             ; Write energies to disk every nstenergy steps
energygrps      = System        ; Which energy group(s) to write to disk
ns_type         = simple        ; Method to determine neighbor list (simple,
grid)
coulombtype     = cut-off       ; Treatment of long range electrostatic
interactions
rcoulomb        = 1.0           ; long range electrostatic cut-off
rvdw            = 1.0           ; long range Van der Waals cut-off
constraints     = none          ; Bond types to replace by constraints
pbc             = no            ; Periodic Boundary Conditions (yes/no)

You're probably losing the box information somewhere along the line while switching back and forth between .gro and .pdb. The CRYST1 line in protein-solvated.pdb should agree with the previous settings. If it doesn't, something has gone wrong. I recall some previous version of Gromacs had issues reading and writing correct box vectors in .pdb files; I don't know which one. It's always safe to use .gro files for everything, though in principle, .pdb files should work as well.

Justin A. Lemkul, Ph.D.
Research Scientist