On 7/6/12 10:40 AM, khandelia wrote:
Justin, Vitaly

The topology is fine, I double-checked

The simulation runs perfectly fine without the restraints.

It is not a PBC effect, since the box size along z is > 50 nm after a ns or
so.

Does one need yet another restraint to hold the bilayer together?

I have never had a need for any restraints to keep a bilayer intact.

There has been some discussion about problems with dihedral restrains in the
list earlier, but nothing like this.

The problem you're observing seems to indicate that your manipulation of the lipid chain causes physical instability. How extensive are the restraints? How many atoms do they involve? You provided an "etc" in your previous message, so I'm trying to clarify what's going on. Is it even physically possible to orient the lipid chain in such a way? You've got basically all the consecutive dihedrals in a very specific orientation - is that compatible with your system? Can you run a simulation of a single lipid in vacuo using these restraints?

Justin A. Lemkul, Ph.D.
Research Scientist