On 24/08/2012 4:51 PM, James Starlight wrote:
up :)
It's appeared two additional questions.

1) In addition to the pca's cross-correlation maps I wounder to know
about possibility of calculation of such cross-correlation's from the
trajectories indirectly without calculation of the covariance
matrices.

2) is there any way to calculate degree of fluctuations of side-chains
( degree of  torsion's dynamics) from the different trajectories and
to compare it ?
E.g I have one protein in two different (apo and holo) forms. I've
calculated two trajectories for both structures and observed different
degree of dynamics in case of each structure ( e.g fluctuations in
case of apo form were  more frequent than in case of liganded form).
IS there any way to direct mesure and comprison of such side-chain's
dynamics for two trajectories?

Yes, but not with GROMACS tools. You can generate a .tpr for use with that old version of g_covar with an old version of grompp in a manner similar to the way you generate one now, but there are bunch of details different. You may not require a .tpr, of course. Look at the file types for g_covar_mod -s in the output for -h.

Mark

James