On 9/18/12 7:22 AM, reising...@rostlab.informatik.tu-muenchen.de wrote:
I need the rest of the structure just as it is now because I want to do
electrostatic analysis with it.

Another thing worth considering - why do you necessarily need the rest of the structure to be identical? Or perhaps better stated, why do you believe this to be the more appropriate model of reality? Phosphorylation events frequently trigger structural changes in the protein, so I see no reason to assume it will have no effect on the rest of the structure. At the very least, you can try a "normal" EM and MD procedure without freezing anything to see if you can determine the problem. If things run normally without freezing, then you know that whatever you are doing here is artificial and problematic.

-Justin

I just added the phosphate manually and so I want to minimize and run a
short MD with it.

I added the dihedraltype of the amber database
(http://personalpages.manchester.ac.uk/staff/Richard.Bryce/amber/pro/frcmod_y1p)
to the ffbonded file.
And additionally I looked at the protein and made all the residues which
could somehow influence the protein flexible so that eventual clashes can
be repaired.
But still I got the error:

..Step 3612, time 3.612 (ps)  LINCS WARNING
relative constraint deviation after LINCS:
rms 0.000008, max 0.000031 (between atoms 975 and 978)
bonds that rotated more than 30 degrees:
  atom 1 atom 2  angle  previous, current, constraint length
     976    979   32.6    0.0961   0.0960      0.0960

Step 3613, time 3.613 (ps)  LINCS WARNING
relative constraint deviation after LINCS:
rms 0.000237, max 0.001400 (between atoms 976 and 979)
bonds that rotated more than 30 degrees:
  atom 1 atom 2  angle  previous, current, constraint length
     976    979   33.4    0.0960   0.0959      0.0960
..

Too many LINCS warnings (1000)

I already minimized the protein and everything was fine. There were no
errors:

Steepest Descents converged to machine precision in 15 steps,
but did not reach the requested Fmax < 10.
Potential Energy  = -7.7436938e+05
Maximum force     =  8.6871973e+03 on atom 979
Norm of force     =  7.1224258e+01

gcq#49: "You Could Make More Money As a Butcher" (F. Zappa)

Steepest Descents converged to machine precision in 15 steps,
but did not reach the requested Fmax < 10.
Potential Energy  = -7.7436938e+05
Maximum force     =  8.6871973e+03 on atom 979
Norm of force     =  7.1224258e+01

And also during the grompp run there are no errors.
Can you please help me to find out where the problem lies?

Thank you,
  Eva