Dear all,

We have installed the latest version of Gromacs (version 4.6) on our cluster by the following step:

 * cmake .. -DGMX_MPI=ON -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/backup/sicnas/gromacs
   -DGMX_BUILD_OWN_FFTW=ON -DGMX_PREFER_STATIC_LIBS=ON

The interconnection of the cluster is Myrinet2000 and the driver is MX (and mpich 1.3.1).

The job scripts (see below) and different simulations show that there is no adequate performance (usually it should be 2-3 time more).

Could you, pls. help us to overcome the problem in order to get better performance?

With regards,
Hrach

#PBS -l nodes=8:ppn=2
##PBS -l walltime=360:00
#PBS -q armcluster
#PBS -e 33mM_16_new.err
#PBS -o 33mM_16_new.log
## Specify the shell to be bash
#PBS -S /bin/bash

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/backup/sicnas/gromacs/lib:/opt/mpi/lib

/opt/mpi/bin/mpirun -machinefile /backup/sicnas/npt101/machine -np 16 /backup/sicnas/gromacs/bin/mdrun_mpi -s /backup/sicnas/npt101/topol.tpr -v

--
Hrachya Astsatryan
Head of HPC Laboratory,