Don't know. One idea i have: Take a flexible and a relative rigid system and perform simulations with the same starting conditions (-> using -t *.cpt). I would imagine that for the flexible system the trajectories start earlier to deviate, since more stuff could happen (system is more flexible -> greater configurational space). For the rigid system the configurational space is smaller, so the probability is higher to always follow the same trajectory if one starts with a predefinded velocity and direction. But don't know if this is true, but it's the first thing which comes to my mind.