On 11/2/13 6:29 PM, Xu Dong Huang wrote:
Dear All,

My martini system has 3 particles in a chain, rest is martini water, and I’m only
interested in the bond length distribution of particle 1&2, 1&3 and 2&3, and I
execute the following:
g_bond -f npt.xtc -n index.ndx -o bonds.xvg

I get the following error:
Total number of samples               : 153
Mean                                  : 0.501255
Standard deviation of the distribution: 0.152864
Standard deviation of the mean        : 0.0123583

Back Off! I just backed up bonds.xvg to ./#bonds.xvg.1#

Program g_bond, VERSION 4.5.5
Source code file: gmx_bond.c, line: 207

Fatal error:
No distribution... (i0 = 999, i1 = 1)? ? ! ! ? !

Upon inspecting my index files, I see that it defines my 3 particle group as:
[ O1 ]
    1    2    3

Then I changed the particle group index file to
[ O1 ]
    1    2
    2   3
    1   3

And I’m still getting the same error.

Any insights?

Use g_dist instead and measure the distances manually. g_analyze can then produce a distribution of those data.

Justin A. Lemkul, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Fellow

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy