[email protected] wrote: > I am glad to announce the creation of the project GNewSenseToMIPS
Just FYI on the timetable for various things the FSF will do to help this effort: (a) We have 3TB of disk for the Debian repo mirrors etc. that this project will make nessisary in the mail to us - should arrive tomorrow, and be in a machine and up at the colo facility next week. (b) I'm playing with getting linux-vserver [1] up on our lemote mini, so people with no access to the hardware can get root on a virtual box as root (linux-vserver is the only virtualization technology that claims to support the MIPS architecture). However it would really be better if someone was available to work on this who has linux (as in the kernel) development skills, which the FSF Sys Admin office does not have. If anyone wants to take a stab at this that does not have a Lemote loongson 2f based box, just email [email protected] your SSH public keys (preferably in a GnuPG-suppled email) and I'll get you access. (c) I have a bunch of documentation on various Lemote stuff on the internal FSF wiki, and need to dump it to an external wiki. There is already a little bit up at http://ur1.ca/09rz - if anyone knows of a good mediawiki -> pmwiki syntax converter, I'd love to hear about it (we use mediawiki for internal sys admin doc at the FSF.) (d) People should feel free to ping me on #gnewsense for status updates etc.; I am djbclark there. [1] Welcome to Linux-VServer.org http://linux-vserver.org/Welcome_to_Linux-VServer.org Cheers, -- Daniel JB Clark | Sys Admin, Free Software Foundation pobox.com/~dclark | http://www.fsf.org/about/staff#danny
signature.asc
Description: OpenPGP digital signature
_______________________________________________ gNewSense-users mailing list [email protected] http://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/gnewsense-users
