Lykourgos Moustopoulos wrote:
Hallo

I have very recently  got a Mini HP2140  with:

Broadcom Corporation BCM4322 802.11a/b/g/n Wireless LAN Controller (rev 01)
Marvell Technology Group Ltd. Device 436c (rev 10)

Broadcom cards are not supported by free software, although you can see below.

I installed Ubuntu 9.04 Netbook remix, just to experiment with linux, which works fine for my purposes:

1) Easy to use
2) Wireless access to Internet OK
3) Wireless USB 3G Modem (ZTE MF636) using wvdial OK , after doing some modification as described in page:
http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-1005910.html

After some time I came across gNewSense which triggered my curiosity, therefore I dowloaded gNewSense 2.2 and played from live CD (no installation as I want to experiment first).

My questions:

1) Can I install gNewSense in my harddisk without touching the Ubuntu 9.04 (by using some partition?)

Absolutely. Just make a partition for it. I like a grub partition for more than two installations, but this is not essential.

2) Can I get my wireless running ( it is not running from liver CD)

Perhaps. There is a reverse engeneered firmware which may work, available at http://www.ing.unibs.it/openfwwf/ . I haven't tried it myself, although I do have a couple of Broadcom cards around.

3) Any idea whether USB 3G modem could work in a similar way?

Maybe someone else on the list will have an idea.

Tor


Any advise welcome

Thanks in advance
Lykourgos



_______________________________________________
gNewSense-users mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/gnewsense-users

Reply via email to