>You're right, it works only for YouTube. YouPorn flix act like the signal is not coming through fast, and i still get nothing on mlb.com >but the youtube stuff looked great. unfortunately, I hardly ever go to YouTube.
Hmm. On the Ubuntu distribution that someone made for my XO there's a script called "Tubewatcher" -- I wonder if that's the same thing Ali had you install from Greasemonkey? I know the Tubewatcher script itself is GPL-licensed, so it's Free. (I looked.) It looks like it uses FFmpeg.* Been a while since I fired up my XO. I'll see if I can find some time to install the decoders on a spare box to see if I can arrive at a decent solution for you. >i'll probably get a tv if i can, to watch the Red Sox, and to get the premium movie channels through my cable company. Making this little laptop an entertainment center for me (read: low cost) is not working out. I can get the Red Sox and all the movie channels for $103 a month, including my internet connection ($30). I was paying $26 for Netflix and $19.95 for MLB Premium (monthly), so it's only costing me $24 more than that for all of it on a big screen, plus lots of tv channels. It seems the best way for me. Having a backup plan is always a good idea. * Yes I know all about the patent stuff. That's why I don't have them installed right now on the gNS box; I'm going to be slightly annoyed if Teapot pre-installed patented codecs. I do know that mp3 is effectively no-cost for personal decoding / music library use, but not sure about MPEG video. That might mean a trip to the fluendo store; we'll have to see about that... _______________________________________________ gNewSense-users mailing list [email protected] http://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/gnewsense-users
