Paul O'Malley - gnu's not unix - wrote:
Thomas Wawra wrote:
Hello,

my question today is:

Is there only free software available for gnewsense? Which licences are accepted?

For example: I tried to install sendmail. With synaptic I found
sendmail. Sendmail is protected by the sendmail licence.

Best regards
Thomas


Hi,

http://directory.fsf.org/project/sendmail/
I guess that says a lot but it does not appear:
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/license-list.html

http://www.sendmail.org/ftp/LICENSE
does appear to grant the four freedoms.

It is with this in mind I contact Bret in the cc to this mail.

Regards,

Paul

I got a reply to sum it up it says:

Yes, the sendmail license is a free software license.
Suitable for inclusion with gNS.

My personal take on additional advise would be:
If you want to write something to work with Sendmail - stick with the Sendmail licence.

Regards,
Paul

Regards,




_______________________________________________
gNewSense-users mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/gnewsense-users

Reply via email to