I see a lot of Sun equipment for sale on E-Bay. If you have an
application for it and the hardware need not be the bleeding edge,
it may be a good way to get some good hardware that runs linux
well for $cheap$.

I've got a sparc-20 in my basement that acts as the 'home'
server, runs  great. I'm planning an upgrade to a
used Ultra class machine soon. Not because the 20 is maxed out,
mostly because it's a gee wiz thing I can do real cheap.

The sparc-20 had an uptime of 270 days last spring. I finally had
to reboot it (for a general cleaning) because some chicks we
started  in the cellar kicked a lot of dust around which
accumulated inside the sparc-20. The chicks are now chickens
in an outside coop and the 20 has been vacuumed out.

Sun could use "Chicken Proof" as a marketing slogan.

_| _| : : }  [EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://www-cde.mv.lucent.com/~quantum
 -(O)-==-o\  [EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://www.gaunt.org