On Wed, 18 Sep 2002, Tom Buskey wrote:
> There are a few LDAP to web packages out there.  You definitely want
> LDAP for this kind of thing.  FWIW I've used Netscape's system (back
> when Netscape was its own company).  It worked well but I imagine there
> are free systems that are just as good.  Sorry I don't have specifics.

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
> >  I am looking at web-based interfaces to company directories (address
> >books), for a customer who is interested in such things.  I'm trying the
> >usual suspects (Google, Freshmeat), but I'm curious as to if anyone here has
> >any opinions.  LDAP functionality is a plus (as that way it can tie to mail
> >clients and such).

I'm running the free LDAP stuff with homegrown perl CGI's.  It's working
great for me - and it's easy enough that my fiancee uses it..

The module is Net::LDAP
I'm using slapd as the server... I believe it's part of openldap

The reason I wrote my own is because the packages I looked at (while I
didn't look at web organizer) were somewhat restrictive.

Ben

--

Even a hare will bite when it is cornered.