I agree with this.  Even just navigating around a buffer, I'm used to the emacs
keybindings to the extent that I always get tripped up in vi.  It is reinforced by the
fact that I use bash with emacs-style readline settings, and I use OS X (many Cocoa
applications on OS X allow you to use emacs keybindings to move the cursor around).

But at work, the Solaris box appears only to have vi (not even vim).  So, I learn to
adjust.

Erik