On Mon, 18 Nov 2002, Matthew J. Brodeur wrote:
>    However a quick Google turned up this page:
> http://www.bellmicro.com/fibrechannel/newasp/lsi_hba/downloads/sym22802.pdf
>    ...which seems to indicate that this card ONLY does auto-termination.
> Now here's a dumb question, have you enabled the "Scan for device at boot"
> option for each drive you have?

Yes.

>    Well, maybe.  The card's BIOS detection is only necessary if you need
> to boot from an attached drive, which is your ultimate goal.  The kernel
> driver does its own detection routine that, AFAIK, ignores what the BIOS
> found.  In this case, if a rescue disk finds the drive(s) and allows you
> to access them you'll know it's a BIOS setting and not a hardware problem.
> OTOH, if the driver loads and finds nothing I'd begin to suspect the
> card/cabling/termination.

Yep, I need to boot from an attached drive.  If the BIOS can't find the
drives, I'm not going to even bother relying on the driver to try and find
them.  It's rediculous to even waste my time going down that path.

So it sounds like no one has any real experience with this problem outside
of a termination issue... so that's my best guess.  I'll update when I can
find a terminator and try that out.

Ben

--

If you see in your wine the reflection of a person not in your range of
vision, don't drink it.