I just completely re-installed RH 7.3 and rebooted after updating all
the security fixes etc.. and then during the reboot, I get the following
messages

Activating swap partitions:  swapon: /dev/hda7: Invalid argument

[FAILED]
.
.
.
.
Checking filesystems
Couldn't find matching filesystem: LABEL=/boot1

[FAILED]

*** An error ocurred during the file system check.
*** Dropping you to a shell; the system will reboot
*** when you leave the shell.
Give root password for maintenance
(or type Control-D for normal startup)

Ok, so if I type CTRL-D, the system reboots and gives the same message
again
However, if I try to login for system maintenance, and run fsck, I get
the following message:  ' No devices specified to be checked!'
So I specify /dev/hda and voila, I get  'Couldn't find matching
filesystem: LABEL=/boot1'

I look forward to some reasoned explanations....

Thanks

Chris