>I usually look in the Sunday circulars.  Somebody is usually selling packs
>of 100 for about $7 or $8 after rebate.  They are typically either generic
>CompUSA discs, or Imations.  I have never had a problem with them myself.

Just FYI, quality does sometimes appear to be an
issue with some drives.  At work we have a stack of
el-cheapo blanks that burn just fine but are then
unreadable in about half the drives we try them in.
After I went out and bought those Maxell and Memorex
disks at Wal-Mart they worked perfectly in all the
same units where the el-cheapo disks failed.  I'm
not saying that Maxell or Memorex are necessarily
better quality than any el-cheapo disks you might
purchase (and indeed, some el-cheapos may simply
be unlabelled/surplus Maxell or Memorex disks,
or better) just that quality sometimes does matter.