On Mon, 2003-03-31 at 15:06, Ken D'Ambrosio wrote:

> I'm 99.9% certain you're right.  Our CEO has Comcast DSL, and I can state
> authoritatively that it absolutely blocks his outbound port 25 from going
> anywhere other than to Comcast IPs.  We got around it by using a
> non-standard port for SMTP, and it works like a champ, so apparently they
> only clamp down on specific IPs.  NOTE: the host we were attempting to
> talk -to- is a host fully under our control, with no blocking whatsoever,
> so it was definitely Comcast's side that was blocking outbound.

Many ISP's are doing this sort of filtering now. No outbound 25, no
inbound port 80/443, etc. They claim that it is to protect their
networks from worms and the like. However, I believe that they are
ramping up for a new business model where they have different levels of
service depending on how much you want to pay.

C-Ya,
Kenny

"Tact is just *not* saying true stuff" -- Cordelia Chase

Kenneth E. Lussier
Sr. Systems Administrator
Zuken, USA
PGP KeyID CB254DD0