Hello all:
        This is formerly [EMAIL PROTECTED], since required to get a new
address after graduation.  Anyways...

As a graduation gift, I was given an HP Pavilion ze5385 notebook. All I
can say is that it is a super-slick notebook. Glowing blue lights
everywhere, high-quality screen, the works. Natrually, the first thing
I went to do is see if I could install linux. After rolling in the glory of Partition Magic 8.0, I was ready to go.
When the RH 9.0 CD booted, it went to the module-loading screen. There, it froze loading the ohci1394 module--the firewire one. The easiest thing I can think of is to find a way to disable this, however there is no way to disable firewire in the very limited bios. Is there a kernel argument I can pass it to make it not load the firewire module? Do any of you have experience in getting fireire to work? I imagine once I get the base system installed, I can tweak the firewire module to get it to work, but since both redhat and suse insist on loading the firewire module at install boot, there's nothing I can do.

In short: Is there a kernel argument I an pass to prevent RH 9.0 from loading the ohci1394 module?

Many Thanks, Casey Callendrello