Well... it's a little hard to tell, since I don't know what it is you're
doing to see the files, but it sounds as if you're not authenticating as a
domain user.  How are you seeing the files?  Through an SMB browser (eg.
Konqueror)?  Mounting the SMB share?  Whatever way, you should be telling
it:
your username
your password
and, implicitly or explicitly, the domain
If you're not, you're likely logging in as guest, which pursuant
permissions (or lack thereof).

-Ken