What's the best way to retrieve files from the hard drive of a dead
laptop?

I have a three-year old Sony VAIO Z505JS laptop that refuses to start.
I've been through all the usual troubleshooting steps. It would cost
almost $100 just to get a repair quote from Sony's service department,
and a minimum of $300 to fix it. It's probably not worth it.

However, there are some files on its hard drive that I'd like to
retrieve, as it had been a few days since it was backed up. If this
were a desktop system I'd just pull the hard drive and plug it into
something compatible as a secondary drive. How would you do it with a
laptop?

Thanks.

-- Roger

--
Roger H. Goun                  Brentwood Country Animal Hospital, P.C.
Chief Kennel Officer           Exeter, New Hampshire, USA