On Tue, Aug 19, 2003 at 02:50:01AM -0400, Aaron Hope <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Mon, 2003-08-18 at 20:13, Erik Price wrote:
> However, what is the convention in C? There seem to be two fine ways > of doing it -- using the preprocessor, or the const keyword:
> > #define NUMBER_OF_UNITS 8
> > const int NUMBER_OF_UNITS = 8;

Generally, the more the compiler knows, the better it can do it's job,
so I usually prefer the latter.  There are still some places in C (C99
specifically) where you you have no choice but to use macros, like array
declarations.  I believe that C++ const variables can be used wherever a
simple #define can.

Actually, the following is valid C99: const int m = 10; int foo(int n) { char s[n]; char t[m]; ... }

BTW, Is there a reason why mailman isn't configured to set the reply-to header?

Because we don't want it to. Can we not go there again? Convince your mailer to set Mail-Followup-To, if you'd like (mutt does that).

--
Bob Bell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>