On Thu, Oct 09, 2003 at 09:45:36AM -0400, Cole Tuininga <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
My next question would be "How do I have procmail handle maildir
format?"  An example from my current .procmailrc:

# Filter mail from my sister to a particular mbox
:0 :Personal.lck
* From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Personal/Laura"

How would I alter this to do maildir?

I'm not sure how directly this was answered, but here's my take: (1) Remove the lock file ":Personal.lck", as it is unnecessary with Maildir (2) Potentially generalize your recipe to match "From:[EMAIL PROTECTED]", because you've been meaning to do that :-) (3) Change the folder name to ".Personal.Laura/" (4) Set MAILDIR equal to "${HOME}/Maildir" (or wherever you've made your maildir folders) at the top of your procmailrc

Explanation on (3): the trailing "/" indicates to procmail that the
target is in maildir format, and (at least with my setup) Courier does
not use actually subfolders for mail, but rather a "." in the folder
name.

--
Bob Bell