On Tue, 2004-05-04 at 11:58, Cole Tuininga wrote:

> I haven't used IRC in quite some time.  Anybody have recommendations for
> IRC server software?  Their needs are fairly simple - they really just
> need a single channel for the most part.  Requiring a password to
> connect to the server would be a plus.
>
> Any thoughts?

I've been running SILC (Secure Internet Lice Conferencing
http://silcnet.org/ ) for a while now, and it's pretty good. There are
clients for Linux, Windows, and Mac OSX. There is also a GAIM plugin.
It's not IRC, but it accomplishes the same thing, and it works the same.
Just a different protocol.

C-Ya,
Kenny