You've gotten some good advice so far, but I just wanted to mention another alternative that I've done on several different systems, including GNU/Linux and FreeBSD.

If you really are interested in having a FAT32 or some specific filesystem available on a drive without repartitioning, then another workable solution is to create an empty file of the desirable size by using dd if=/your/file of=/dev/zero with other appropriate options. You can then format that file with a file system and mount it with the appropriate options. You can read and write to that file as if it were a regular filesystem. I've even used the above to make a "bootable" file for VMWare.

It has been a year or more since I've done that and the specifics vary by OS (lately, I've been using FreeBSD more for that sort of thing), but finding instructions was fairly easy on the 'Net last time I needed to look. Also, if prodded, I could probably get you the proper sequence of commands on your OS choice after a few minutes refreshing my memory with the man and info pages.