On Fri, 2005-02-25 at 08:37 -0500, Steven C. Peterson wrote:

> I am attempting to set up a radius server to authenticate my wireless
> network (and eventualy a vpn)
> I curently have cistron radius installed on my ClarkConnect box (the
> CC box is also my router and email server on the outside edge of my
> network), the ap is a belkin 802.11g.
> I have been looking for help on configuring this in google and faq but
> i can not get it to work and i am finding settings that do not match.

I've never used Cistron to do this, but I have done it using FreeRadius,
which is loosely based on Cistron.

> my question is does anybody have any experiance setting this kind of
> stuff up and if so whould you mind rendering my assistance

You probably wat to take a look at this doc for the details:
http://tldp.org/HOWTO/html_single/8021X-HOWTO/ . The HOWTO is
specifically for freeradius, but it can probably be easily adapted to
your set up.

FYI,
Kenny