On Thu, 2005-04-14 at 22:48, Paul Lussier wrote:
> Derek Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > Do it yourself:  If your ISP's name servers stop working, you don't
> > care.  Yours keep working, as long as your connection to the Internet
> > keeps working.
>
> After the way ComCrap has been lately with their DNS, I'm about to set
> this up at home.  I'm sick of my wife complaining she can't get out to
> the net all because some moron at ComCrap tripped over the extension
> cord and cycled power on their DNS server farm :)

Aaargh! This ridiculous situation has been driving me up a wall, also.
It appears that they are giving out a different set of nameserver IPs
via DHCP these days, and those servers only work sporadically; the IP
addresses that they had been using up until recently still work fine, at
least for the time being (and have better response time, to boot). :-/

--
Bill Mullen
RLU# 270075