John Abreau wrote:

I've had good luck with eBay. I picked up an old Thinkpad there a few
years back for about $180, and it still works well today.

I thought of ebay, but I've not used my ebay id in about 6 years, and I'd rather not go that route.

I found a couple sites today that sell refurbished laptops and they even offer warranties. Www.usanotebook.com looked like a pretty good place to go online.

I think I'll do some looking around in the Salem (NH) area. I'll check out Microseconds and PCMax.

It's funny, in a way. For $700 dollars you can get a brand new, low-end notebook, or you can get a mid-range notebook that is one or two years old that has better specs than the brand new one.

I'm definitely going the used route this time around, as it is not going to be my primary computer system.

Cheers,
Jason