On Sat, Mar 11, 2006 at 06:17:10AM -0500, Fred wrote:
> On Tuesday 07 March 2006 16:43, Ed Lawson wrote:
> > "Brian" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > Sending an email through your own/alternate server should not
> > > be prevented.
> >
> > I understand your sentiment, but should has nothing to do with
> > it.  Should is not a
> > factor. There is an agreement which specifies the service to
> > which you are entitled upon payment for that service. You are
> > entitled to nothing more and nothing less.
>
> I send my mail out to my dedicated servers all the time over encrypted
> connections. SMTP has TLS and SSL options, and one of them goes across a
> port other than 25.

Fred, I'm not sure I understand this. The thread is talking about
sending mail out from our own systems which is getting port blocked by
some ISP's.  You seem to be talking about sending mail out to your
alternate server (from which, I assume, it is further redistributed).

Are these the same things?

speech recognition software may have been used to create this e-mail