On Tue, 2 May 2006 15:32:39 -0400, Marc Nozell wrote:

> It really changes the way I use the web.  No longer do I hit
> slashdot.org, cnn.com, cnet.com, sourceforge.net looking for new info.
> Nor do I have to remember to check in with amusing blogs like jwz.org
> to see if he has updated -- now it just shows up in my list of feeds.

Seconded. I use Liferea (http://liferea.sf.net) as my RSS app, and team
that up with Dillo (http://www.dillo.org) as its external browser. This
combo has drastically cut the time that it takes me to keep up with the
sites I like to follow; Liferea lets me pick and choose those articles
that I truly want to read from among the rest, and Dillo fires up almost
instantly while completely ignoring all of the rubbish (Flash, etc.) to
be found on many of these pages, stuff which only wastes my bandwidth
and tries to distract my attention from the information that I seek.

--
Bill Mullen
RLU #270075