I pay an extra $20/month for what they call a static IP address. It's
still served up via dhcp and the address comes from their dynamic address
pool, but it doesn't change. The real reason for getting it though is so
that they open up incoming 80 and outgoing 25.

I'm just curious why you don't just spend the extra $30/month and host
a server with Brian Karas' colo? Servers can be fairly cheap now,
you'll get a real static IP with control of your reverse DNS, backup
power, and a secure location.

I just moved my server there and it's working great. No blocked ports, no BS.