On 2/5/07, Michael ODonnell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> http://jrblevin.freeshell.org/weblog/linux/mcp51-alsa
>Well, heck - all I found when I went searching was people like me
>griping about how there was no support (even from ALSA) so this is
>a pleasant surprise - thanks!  I'll give that a whirl...
Turns out those people were right.  The audio on my machine
has PCI vendor:product IDs 10de:026c and the only driver that
volunteered to handle it is the hda_intel.c driver, which
(apparently) only knows how to adjust the volume and offers
no other controls.  Same story for the ALSA kit and a search
of the source codes confirms that no other driver is signed
up to handle anything with those IDs.

Oh, well - thanks, anyway - I'll keep poking at this in my
Copious Spare Time...

 Hrm, 026c?  Must have been an upgraded device since the initial page
was written, as the other MCP51's are 026b.

 Adding:

{ 0x10de, 0x026c, PCI_ANY_ID, PCI_ANY_ID, 0, 0, DEVICE_NFORCE }, /* MCP51 */

 to the snd_intel8x0_ids array in sound/pci/intel8x0.c will cause the
intel driver to recognize and handle the card.

 On the other hand, I assume your running the newest kernel, as the
modifications for hda_intel to detect that card was added like 3 weeks
ago to the kernel.

--
-- Thomas