On Mar 9, 2007, at 10:17 AM, Drew Van Zandt wrote:
Does anyone in the LUG have colocation experience with MV
communications?  I know I've heard good things in general about them
on the LUG, but I'm specifically looking for experience with their
Manchester colocation facility.  The girl on the phone said they had
UPS's but no backup generator, so uptime discussions would be
particularly interesting to me.  Also, there's little discussion of
bandwidth on their website.  Thanks for any info you can share....

I worked there for a while, and I know MEM is on the list so he might chime in.

They have a very nice colo for the size and the staff there is great. I used to work there (actually my first computer related job).

The reason they don't have a backup generator is because they lose power so infrequently it's not worth the investment.

For the cost it's a great deal for what you get.

If you're looking for something better you could try Colospace.com. They have a Manchester facility that worked at when I was an employee of them. It's more upscale and they have plenty of backup power, but it's also more expensive. It's actually about a block away from MV.