I'm curious...is there a model in which you'd consider paying for
content?  The model could have reasonable prices and fair/non-existent
copy-protection or whatever else you'd like.

If it's stuff that I can get OTA with an antenna (If I didn't live in the sticks), then no, I wouldn't pay for it. I'd setup myth to record it and auto strip the commercials. So for me there's no difference between this and downloading the torrent.

As far as "pay" channels (being cable and premium channels). I would only pay for episodes if they came in the same quality as if I bought the DVD box set or greater, and/or I got a coupon/voucher for the DVD box set when it came out. Then I would pay around $30/season or $2/ episode.

Please tell us if you'd ever consider paying for this content and, if
so, under what circumstances.

Regards,

--kevin
--
GnuPG ID: B280F24E              Never could stand that dog.
alumni.unh.edu!kdc                   -- Tom Waits