>> Anyone know if I'm getting ripped off? Should I really be paying
>> for a
>> new DVR when my old DVR is only 2 years old?
>
>   I think the resounding answer will be yes, you're getting ripped
> off, but unfortunately, what can you do.  When they started migrating,
> they'd already terminated the business deal with Tivo.  :-(

Yah, that's really it.. What are your choices? Continue to get only a
few HD channels for who knows how long then be forced to upgrade
(probably without the discount) or switch to another provider of TV,
all that are either more of a pain, cost more, suck worse, or some/
all of the above.

I noticed that my DirecTV subscription went up $4/month. I have the
middle package and two premium channels with locals and one DVR
receiver (a hacked series 2 DirecTiVo). But it's still cheaper than
cable and overall I'm happy with the service.